Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:34 pm 

Okie, this sucks. I went out today at 2:30pm, and was the only person there. SCA is occasionally interesting, but my scrawny ass is an Amtgarder at heart.

Now, the thought has struck me, why don't people show up to MWG? Start times? The actual day, continous stick-jockery, all of the above?

Info folks! How about we become a Saturday park that starts around noon? I understand that there is precedent and so forth, but we're dying here!

If you all want to battlegame, cool! Lets have one, even if it's 3 guys running around chanting at each other. We're creative people. We can make a 3 person battlegame....interesting....

Kenta/Shamus - You guys have been in office since I've been here. I haven't had a work schedule that allowed me to be in office and be confident in my ability to show up. At all. Well, hell. Most Sun. I'm either off by 3pm, or have to be there by 5pm. I'm more than happy to step up if only to see our park have PEOPLE again. (Just keep in mind, I do put RL first. It sucks, but it's gotta be faced. :) Demos, flyers, etc. Do we even have flyers for our park?

August Members of the Kingdom of the Emerald Hills - Help! Please!Thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Just no ranting, as we all know that the Dungeon Love is a fiercesome thing to behold. Would an early start time help people visit? Again, maybe we turn into a Sat. park for a while? Midnight Sun is on Saturday, and seems to have great attendence.

Whoever the MWG PM is, would you mind sending me an email at: nettle1981@yahoo.com? I'd like to see what we could do about posting info around Arlington/Ft. Worth gaming stores.

Eagerly awaiting ideas,
Nettle

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:53 pm 

Nettle,

Good points. Because you're a Sunday park you're competing with Eagleshire (and now Campus Supernus) which supposedly still has a fairly large draw. A duh observation I know. Maybe doing Saturday may indeed be a benefit, but wasn't the Barony of Cuiviedor Amarth a Sat park there too? Is it still active?

My non-expert and quickest observation is that Amtgard attendance dies down during school months and picks up during the summer. I've read much of veteran talk that it is not as cyclic as others feel. Something has happened to the attendance over the past 2 yrs and it ain't good.

My easiest reply is that the remaining members of the Glen consider attending Midnight Sun on Saturday, (or any amtgarder bored on a Saturday afternoon) merging two park member rosters into one, making for better trenching, battlegaming, etc. That way your guranteed avoiding 'interesting' chanting battlegames. Where to the Justicars congregate on a regular basis anywho? (Look forward to seeing ya'll on the 25th of March btw)

Have you all considered moving the Glen's location. I haven't been out in about 2 yrs and have heard the horror stories of how the once mighty Glen has been nefariously restricted by the city. I remember all out battlegames in the wooded areas now roped off for 'hug a tree' purposes.

Midnight Sun boasts a multi-mile scenic bike trail and wooded areas prime for great trenching/battlegames/quests. The playing field has shade and picnic tables. The adjacent field, though a host to Sat. Cricket games, can be shared by the two groups. You've been there and you know it. And you can't forget the A-Frame for special events.

I'm not promoting the demise of the park but indeed, the leadership that once carried it through glorious rp and ditching have seem to have moved to other locations or quit all together. I wish for the best and pray for the power of the phoenix to find it's way into the Glen and all it's residents.

Regards
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:06 am 

Look since the superior leadership that is supposedly abundant at this park cant handle the job let me "do" this
As the current Captain of Fallen i have instructed my crew to help the park not it's people of supposed rank and power. Because of this your attendance will pick up immediately. We are not going to do this ourselves so we expect a little help. The last thing i want to see is a good park like MWG go to the graveyard. So we will do our part. But the rest of you will have to put your issues aside if you want this to work........AGAIN.
A park official came out last weekend and spoke with a couple of us about bringing out some pic-nic tables and trash cans for the new area. Already we have done a lot so now it is your turn.......FALLEN RULES!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:41 am 

On the days I am in town, and not on call, I will be there dude.

The park official was in fact the park's superintendent looking for a contact for the organization in case we needed anything or he had any opportunities for us. I gave him my email and made sure he knew where to get in touch witht he Kingdom monarchy if there was anything super important.

At this point Fytakin was right on the money, we have 2 picnic tables and a trash can being moved to our little spot in the part. As we need more, he is all about it. The parks manager thought we were all under one banner (HFS/SCA/Amtgard) and was trying to communicaye with SCA to find out if we needed anything and wasnt getting anywhere.

Anyhow, whenever I get a mail from him, I will foreward to our shire officials so they can walk the walk.

o/

Tony / Sirrakhis

[/align]

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen