Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » King's Point

Post subject: 08-01-10 King's Point
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:45 am 

Greetings to all of King's Point
Today will be hot and will feel like 105 so we will have water out there but be sure to bring your own to just in case or at least your own cup and stay hydrated. We will start a series of tournaments to declare the Regents' Defender of Kp and also have a tourny for the KP Honor Gaurd, The winner will be given the title of Capt of the Gaurd, While the rest of the runners-up will become Honor Gaurd for KP. Not exactly sure how many will earn title of Honor Gaurd but their will be some this Tourny may take a few weeks but then again it may only take one day. So come out and enjoy the tournys and not too worry the tournys will be held in the shade. Good Luck to all who wish to test their blade. In the near future we are considering on doing a Spell Caster Tourny we are still working out the details. Come out have fun and stay hydrated.

Draqoonious Dragon Esquire
King's Point Sheriff

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:49 pm 

wait, what? the regent has her defender and her guard.
kp is a shire, why does it need a guard?

and what will the spell caster tourny accomplish? who can cast FoD fastest?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:58 pm 

But it would seem, in light of current events, that as well as concerning ourselves with the well being of the kingdom's aristocracy, that the shire's governing individuals would do well to insure their survival as best as possible, as well.

Things are not exactly um... quiet, yes, we'll use that word, within the kingdom of late.

________________Harbinger________________
_Spoiled Princess-Bitch o'crat-Campchair dictator_
________Mistress of House Battlecraze__________
_____Woman at Arms to Duke Dark Tigger______
✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥

I refuse the refuse

Post Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:12 pm 

why would the park officers need protection if they never show up?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:55 pm 

Actually they did show up you might have just missed them and its not for the Kingdom Regent its for the Park Regent. But alas on that sunday of the 02 it was really hot so I am going to postpone the Park Honor Guard Tournament until the weather is a much nicer temperature like 90 degrees. This Honor Guard is not just for the Park Officials its for extra protection for our important guests of King's Point. For KP has become a dangerous place to visit with the Dark One's consistant exploits over our peaceful home and Enchanted Forest. Not to mention all of the blood thirsty Dragon hunters of late. In fact one of them has slain an innocent individual who was temporary thought to have been a Dragon.

Draqoonious Dragon Esquire
Sheriff of King's Point
Capt. of the Mystic Dragons

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:30 pm 

draqoonious, sweetie. the only protection any of the mystik dragons need is from their own and their leaders.
you and yours have lately done more damage to kp then help. you have run more people off then you have brought. yall have cause nothing but turmoil and chaos between core members.
when you leave again because you fail at your duties, again, and the mystik dragons disband to form another company, those who have kept kp together might not be there again to try and salvage something from your destruction.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:46 am 

Heheh. Caster tourney?

Giggle. From how far away? 'Cause, Druids are totally gonna dig it. Start too close, and you've got FoD's.

Too far, and then stoneskin plus dagger/punch fight equals win. (For those watching)

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:35 pm 

cynisca wrote:
draqoonious, sweetie. the only protection any of the mystik dragons need is from their own and their leaders.
you and yours have lately done more damage to kp then help. you have run more people off then you have brought. yall have cause nothing but turmoil and chaos between core members.
when you leave again because you fail at your duties, again, and the mystik dragons disband to form another company, those who have kept kp together might not be there again to try and salvage something from your destruction.

I'm just curious who he ran off? Seal? Cus, that man sticks his paw into everyones peanut butter. I think he would need to loose a lot of fingers before he was run off...Just saying. :)
Could you name me some names? I've been out of the loop a little while.

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:57 pm 

Well I am not sure who we "ran off" in actual retospect I dont want to run anyone off I want to get more people to come in fact I am constantly telling everyone how awsome and fun Amtgard is I have told many of what amtgard is and the nearest local parks depending on whats convenet to them. I am not sure where you are getting your information from as a matter of fact there has been new faces added to the park. And I want them to keep coming back. And futhermore might i ask why you choose to bring up these um speculations onto the board instead of directly to me you have my cell number my fb page and you could send me pm on the forums but yet you chosse to bring up these rumors on the board. Frankly Cynisca if I didnt know any better I would say for some reason you are tring to discredit myself and the Mystic Dragons and even King'sPoint simply by posting these negitive comments on the public forums board instead of coming to me personally and investigating these problems yourself! In fact ever since i have brought the Mystic Dragons to the public forums and myself as well you have been constantly attacking us first through Role-Play and now through mundane channels.

Draqoonious Dragon
Capt. of the Mystic Dragons

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:55 pm 

should i use a line from one of your members and say its not my place to name names?

and i dont come to you because you are never there when you need to be.

oh and myth can fill the role as champion all he wants, until i have the signed petition and an all thing is held to vote vargus out, myth is not the official champion. maybe he'll qual next time like the rest of us

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:23 am 

cynisca wrote:
should i use a line from one of your members and say its not my place to name names?

oh and myth can fill the role as champion all he wants, until i have the signed petition and an all thing is held to vote vargus out, myth is not the official champion. maybe he'll qual next time like the rest of us

Everyone that attends KP on a regular basis knows that I stated I would be there around 3-4pm due to abnormal heat and be the last one to leave the park. Futhermore you stilll have my Cell Phone number and my Facebook page and the EH Forums to comunicate with me that you are welcome to contact me at any time.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:01 am 

I'm saddened to read these posts. What have the Mystic Dragons done to you Cynisca? There will always be bumps in the road for any park or company but to outright call them out for something is sad and disrespectful. I know there ARE people at the park running people off and so far I haven't seen it be Draqoonious' fault. If anybody its our "champion" and Seal running people off. Its sad that people think that the Mystic Dragons have "taken over" Kings point but I think they can do a lot of good for the park once all of the mediate problems are taken out. Kings Point have been having trouble since I started over two years ago....and I want to see it fixed. Let Draqoonious and everybody do their jobs and if they dont boot them. And for the people that dont know...I'm not a Mystic Dragon anymore so this is not a bias standpoint.

Guild Master of Monks for King's Point

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:47 pm 

cynisca wrote:

I suggest silence yourself before you make your image any worse. Your current actions have slandered a park dragged through the muck by power-hungry, irresponsible, and conceited individuals. The people in this park are good. The problem is they know nothing else but the crap we've been put through. You, Cynisca, have been the latest blight of the park. You shirk your responsibility, you care nothing for the needs of those who had faith in you, and overall used whatever power you could drain from a park position to further your goals. You made a Kingdom position. Good job. I do hope you treat it better than you did your last position or the kingdom itself may be in trouble.

As for your "quals" for the position as champion. It's true, I didn't qual. I worked. I've taken good care of myself. I have drive, and it points to making this park better and breathe life in to a park that's been strangled reign after reign. You may have qual'd with some half-assed side-project just to skate by, but for the last few weeks I've been collaborating to set up an in-depth story driven set of battle games. Call me "cavalier" or "irreverent" in the way I see things, but where I'm standing, I've done, and will do more for the park than you have. Hell, even Turtle did more than you.

In closing, Cynisca, sweetie, I feel sorry for Vargus, he has a lot going on and a lot of potential. Right now just isn't his time. I hope very much that stuff gets worked out and he can get back on the right track. As of now, I will be Champion in partnership with Adrammalech and we will be making stride to clean up this park. Frankly we're tired of being known by the shortcomings of poor leaders.

Spoiler! :
Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best, you observe the least.
Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be deceived.
Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:09 pm 

Dear, Cynisca

I know your referring to me, and only reason I did not name names because it was of a sensitive nature and the person had asked me not to mention them. Now, Cyn, I have been nothing if not nice to you. Haven't I helped you carry things to and from your car. Have I ever done anything rude to you or had an issue with you. In fact, when people complain about not having their credits put in every weekend, I have stood up for you and told them that you will put them in when you get the chance. I had never even heard that you had a problem with the Dragon's until Seal and I got into a fight. Now, if you have a problem with me over that, then come to me. I did that as an individual, not as a Dragon. And I have to agree with Fenris on that. He has been brought up to the EH BoD before for his behavior and told that he needs to straiten up, but I think its going to take more than that for him to back down. What is KP going to do if someone presses charges on him for harassment and they ask us that if it was a problem before, why didn't we do anything about it. We could be held partially liable.

I understand that he is your friend, but some times we have to admit that our friends either need to be taken aside and talked to, or as an official, that they may need to be reprimanded. Yes, we all make perverse jokes, comments, or contact, but when you direct a joke or make contact with someone after they have made it clear that they are uncomfortable, then you have stepped to far. And when it has happened repeatedly, then something more than a slap on the hand needs to be done. I have heard too many people that have had problems with him, and confronted him, and he either denied it, or told them to leave. We have lost more people because of this than the Dragon's have supposedly 'driven off'. And this kind of issue is just one of many of the problems that people have had with Seal. If someone else had tried to get away with some of the same things, they would have been asked not to return to the park.

As for our 'Champion'. Due to his display last Sunday and his threats of violence towards several of the park members with several witnesses, he should at least be temporarily suspended from both park and duty until it can be resolved. Where you aware, Cyn, that he carried a branch through the woods, looking for Ginger and made a comment to several people that it makes a great club? Now if it had been a legal sword, that would have been different. But when he was made to leave the woods, he threatened to hurt several people. And then, after harassing one of the girls out there and being asked politely by a park officer if there is a problem, he blew up at them, causing the girl and her friends to leave. Yet another time when he has driven people from the park. Before that he was trying to instigate fights with other people who weren't involved with the problem. It doesn't seem as if he is capable of holding a park office and representing not only KP and the EH, but Amtgard as a whole. Same thing I said about Seal applies here. What happens if he hurts someone and we're asked if we knew he was violent, why did we allow him to keep playing in a game where he could easily hurt someone?

Now, about the Dragon's driving others away and damaging the park. The Dragon's have brought new blood to the park as well as bringing old blood back. We have always had a relaxed attitude policy and have never forced anyone to join or forced anyone to leave the Dragon's or park. I would like to know who the Dragon's have driven away and which Dragon was responsible so that I can make sure that they apologize and make amends. There are a couple of people that I don't really like at the park, but I would never try to drive them away unless they have done something drastic. We also try to treat others out side of the company the same as we do those in the company, as fairly as we can. We're not perfect and mistakes will always be made, but we make an effort (Draquoonis especially) to make sure that both sides of any fight are heard. We are not a 'clique'. If fact, we opened our Dragon Fighter Practice (months ago) to anyone that wants to come. We have gone out of our way to try not to be like the companies that do form a 'clique' and drive off others that are not part of the company.

I've also heard people say that we're taking over the park, and we're not. Draquoonis ran, unopposed and Kattika ran for regent against Cat and she had some things come up and had to drop out. Orchid is going to be PM because you passed it to her. And Myth (Who is not a Dragon) may become Champion because Vargus can no longer handle the position. Now, next reign, when voting comes up they will have to run again, just like every year, and it will be up to the park who gets the positions. It could be said that Seal took over the park when it was first created, because only someone he liked got the position. We are trying to change that. Titles should be won by merit, not because you're friends with the right people. Dragon's have done everything within our limited power to improve the park play and numbers and we want to continue to do so, whether we hold an office or not. We enjoy the game for what it is, and as long as everyone is having fun, then we're happy. And if Draquoonis wants to do a Mage's tourney or a Regent's defender's tourney, then why not? If people have fun with it, then that's all that matters. This is meant to be fun, not stressful.

I'm sorry if anything I have said has pissed you off. I would still like to count you as my friend. I would also like to see all of this come to a positive conclusion and us all get back to what we go to KP for, beating our friends senseless with foam weapons. If you feel the need to talk about something, then do so. I will listen and do my best to answer.

Sincerely,

Silver Wolfe

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:01 pm 

Hmm. So, sadly read through this whole thread.

Sounds like exactly the reason why *I* don't come out to King's Point anymore. Let me be more specific:

Mystic Dragons? Those guys were around before Dizzy, Arcie, Toppings, and myself started trying to get KP into the mainstream. They can be totally annoying, shot sluffing pains in the ass, but. They try. They make these massive elaborate battlegames, are all in garb, and in general (RL drama aside, rather) at KP to play Amtgard. Seriously, these kids/guys have been playing as a company, since before KP was even a park. Random stickjock drama drifts through, they take their toys to the other side of the field, and have mini-battlegames. They occasionally have problems understanding that the Amtgard ROP is THE ROP, you don't get to change the rules simply because someone is more experienced, but. Again, they are PASSIONATE about Amtgard. We (the collective we) ignore or discount that passion to our own detriment.

Seal? Seriously folks. Everyone knows that he and I, well. Let's just say we disagree vehemently. He's not actually a bad guy. I like him outside of Amtgard. Again, it's his passion that gets in the way. He sees something that he thinks could be better, and regardless of if someone WANTS it to be better, he tries to do it. If you try to tell him, "No thanks, we want to try it this way. We know there might be consequences, but. Fuck off. Let us learn." He has a tendency to take it personal. We all have egos. It happens. Sometimes his ego goads him into puffing out his chest, after all, it's an impressive amount of chest, but I can speak from my own experience dealing with him, take a break. Walk away. Let each other calm want to make things better. And, since it was mentioned, his attitude towards women? He's a harmless sleazeball. If told that he is crossing a line, he will stop. Eventually. To ignore, or alienate, someone of his level of experience is akin to not starving yourself because they aren't nice to the cow when they kill it.

Or? Deal with things the way KP has been. Fracture off into little cliques or factions, gossip, accuse so and so of not doing blah, and so and so of being a bad person. There are things that KP leaders and personalities could do that are far more constructive, and beneficial to the whole of the group instead. For instance, shot calling has always been a problem out there. Why not hold a parkwide workshop on legal shots? If the populace is tired of random stickdouche rolling the ditch, or maybe just blowing up the battle game, maybe the Powers the Be should ask him to hold a workshop on HOW he is doing it.

Trust me, stickjocks like a challenge even more than we like kicking puppies.

I think ya'll might have more fun if you try to work on combining opposing visions of the Dream instead of doggedly persisting in just one.

Just random thoughts,
Nettle/Joe

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » King's Point