Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » King's Point

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:17 am 

Below is the agenda to be voted on March 27,2011.

1.The name of the park known as King's Point NEVER be changed to “Sutra's Crack”
A.No. I like Sutra's Crack
B.Yes. I do not want to be in Sutra's Crack

2.The only time it is allowable for someone that does NOT meet park voting or officer elegibility requirements, including time of residency, to run for a park office is when no one eligible is running
A.Yes. They should only be allowed to run under those circumstances
B.No. Who cares who ends up an officer.

3.If someone is removed from ANY office in the Kingdom of the Emerald Hills, at any level, by way of petition and vote, or leaves office after this process has been begun, they can NOT run for any park office at King's Point for a period of one year after initiation of the petition and vote.
A.I agree, they should not be allowed to run
B.No, I do not agree, let them run

4.If it comes to pass that a resident is banned from King's Point for more than a period of three weeks, that individual's online records (aka: ORK records) will be transferred to The Kingdom of the Emerald Hills – Emerald Hills upon both the institution of the ban and an emergency Althing voting to follow through with this action.
A.No, I do not agree.
B.Yes, reset their park residency requirements being met.

5.King's Point officially adopt the Kingdom of the Emerald Hills Corpora as it's governing document in regards to officers, elections, qualifications, and residency requirements.
A.Yes.
B.No.
a.I don't care about adopting an offical Corpora for King's Point
b.I would like to see a Corpora created explicitly for King's Point

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:31 am 

you can create a separate corpora for a park?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:39 am 

cynisca wrote:
you can create a separate corpora for a park?

Sure can (:

It just has to be understood that the Amtgard ROP and that park's kingdom's corpora both take precedence over that park's corpora anytime there may be a conflict between them.

Not an undertaking that I would envy anyone, coming up with a document that fit those requirements, but more power to them if they wish to attempt it.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:07 am 

Guess what I DON'T wanna do...

Spoiler! :
Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best, you observe the least.
Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be deceived.
Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:17 pm 

Just a reminder that this Sunday is the Althing and I believe the PM elections.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:40 am 

Myth Of Reality wrote:
Guess what I DON'T wanna do...

Be in Sutra's Crack?

Me neither,
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:50 pm 

Wow I love it...Now were going for personal power plays in an Althing. Flex that LARP power Orchid!! Because we all know you have No real life...

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:04 pm 

Fenris Blackwood wrote:
Wow I love it...Now were going for personal power plays in an Althing. Flex that LARP power Orchid!! Because we all know you have No real life...

Really?

Really?

Okay, Fenris, I have no beef with you. You haven't gotten me involved in this high school BS drama gossip blah blah blah, and really, I appreciate it. Totally, you've won major brownie points for not trying to tell me how horrible a person Orchid is for not giving you the PM box, and explaining why she's really the worst person anyone has ever met. I know she hides it well, and you feel you're delivering a Public Service Announcement, but I've always felt it best to leave those to Avatar, really.

However, coming onto the forums and making an unwarranted and purely personal attack... that is just not kosher. C'mon, you were playing The Game. All wanna be subtle and what not. Makin' the rounds bout the parks, whisperin' sweet death. Now look at you. This is just... well, this is really more warrior level dexterity. No real timing or finesse, horribly uncreative, just... wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am.

Shameful, really.

Though all I see is corrupted, and all I touch crumbles like ash... Though the world may be dead, the light of my god will nourish and His shadow will revive, for my faith is beyond breaking, and guides me towards the moment I wake from this Dream.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:58 pm 

ok Sharial ill spell it out for you

"2.The only time it is allowable for someone that does NOT meet park voting or officer elegibility requirements, including time of residency, to run for a park office is when no one eligible is running
A.Yes. They should only be allowed to run under those circumstances
B.No. Who cares who ends up an officer."

This one is due to me supposedly not having resident status for 6 months prior to running for PM... Which I still haven't really had clarified where she got the information that I haven't been a resident at Kings Point all I get is it's on the ORK...I can't find it on the ORK. Guess Im going to have to ask Elder.

"3.If someone is removed from ANY office in the Kingdom of the Emerald Hills, at any level, by way of petition and vote, or leaves office after this process has been begun, they can NOT run for any park office at King's Point for a period of one year after initiation of the petition and vote.
A.I agree, they should not be allowed to run
B.No, I do not agree, let them run"

Number 3 is because she got Cynisca thrown out of office at KP for which Orchid took over.

"4.If it comes to pass that a resident is banned from King's Point for more than a period of three weeks, that individual's online records (aka: ORK records) will be transferred to The Kingdom of the Emerald Hills – Emerald Hills upon both the institution of the ban and an emergency Althing voting to follow through with this action.
A.No, I do not agree.
B.Yes, reset their park residency requirements being met."

This is due to the whole Seal thing and MWG having an althing to unban him from their park.

"4.If it comes to pass that a resident is banned from King's Point for more than a period of three weeks, that individual's online records (aka: ORK records) will be transferred to The Kingdom of the Emerald Hills – Emerald Hills upon both the institution of the ban and an emergency Althing voting to follow through with this action.
A.No, I do not agree.
B.Yes, reset their park residency requirements being met."

This is passing the buck onto the Kingdom where that individual will be given what, kingdom level punishment? For being banned at their park and then being banned from the whole Kingdom. This is superceeding Kingdom rules.

"5.King's Point officially adopt the Kingdom of the Emerald Hills Corpora as it's governing document in regards to officers, elections, qualifications, and residency requirements.
A.Yes.
B.No.
a.I don't care about adopting an offical Corpora for King's Point
b.I would like to see a Corpora created explicitly for King's Point"

Lets just hand over all our rights to the kingdom shall we and let there governing document rule all. Parks are Allowed to have there OWN corpora or the Kingdom corpora it is the parks choice. This would take away that right of the park to choose. Why would you want to get rid of the KP corpora? Or is there a corpora. MWG has there own corpora... hmmmm is that what this is about?

Don't jump my shit before you know whats really going on, whoever you are Sahrial......

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:34 pm 

Pasted from the General Amtgard discussion just so were all on the same page...

#1 ignore the Crack...
#2 we have to abide by the rules that you have to be a resident and the eligibility requirements were put in place with good reason. We didn't want newbies to hold office without knowing what there doing. etc.
And I really take offense to the wording of response B... it's trying to get the person to vote A just so they will say they do care who is their park officers.
#3 So if someone has to quit due to...an emergency, life experiences etc. They are penalized for a year for that? And what if they didn't have enough time to commit to the Kingdom and hold a high office which is an undertaking in of itself and has to quit, etc. They are then penalized from running for an office at KP?
#4 Would essentially have the person banned from not only their park but than have some kind of Kingdom punishment done as well? This is passing the buck onto the Kingdom and almost in a way superceeding kingdom rules by getting that person banned all across the coard without a fair hearing?
#5 This would take away the right for KP to have there own corpora, which is in the parks right to do. Right now if KP doesn't have it's own corpora I guess... So were using the Kingdoms corpora already. Why would this even come up.

I also think that half those submissions were in response to personal problems Orchid has had with certain individuals including myself, and in response to the issues going on in the Kingdom surrounding Seal and MWG. Power's kind of corrupting absolutely at KP nowadays.... but that's just my opinion.

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:18 pm 

Oh, I know quite well what's been going on, and as to whomever I am, just a resident of KP, really... I've been present for all manner of things, and... in spite of standing out in a crowd, people always seem to forget I'm there... /shrug.

So... let me spell something out for you... I believe you're confused about a few things...

1) I agree, ignore the crack.

2) Residency, apparently you take no offense to this, so... cool. I mean, you acknowledged that it was true before this drama started, so it's good you don't actually really care that much. I know you were hoping to be PM. It might not happen right now. Next time, your residency shouldn't be in question and you can run freely. Let the populous decide. We're all in agreement that the park should know and approve of their officers, right?

3)Removed Officers- I read that, and actually thought first of a champion who will remain nameless, and a situation that was, to say the least, dramatized to a point of ridiculousness by said champion and crew. The individual was dealt with summarily by the populous.

On that note, the issue is "removed... by way of petition and vote, or leaves office after this process has been begun", not simply "leaves office". Should a mundane situation arise and an officer step down, they are fully entitled to run for office again. If there is a problem concerning the officer's actions and actions are taken, THEN this would come into effect.

You see, in the English Language, our sentences follow a categorization pattern that contains what are commonly referred to as "Subjects" and "Predicates". The subject generally a noun (person, place, thing). In this case, it is a person, the 'officer'. Predicates are a little trickier, as they can be quite lengthy, and contain what appears to be other subjects. To keep it simple, we'll concentrate only on something called a "verb", which pertains to a subjects action. Here, it is "removed". Now, that sly lil thing might make you think that it's something that the subject did, however... the predicate can also be describing what's done to the subject!!! In this case, an action taken against the officer by the populous of the park.

We good? Good.

Now, about the corpora. I think you may be having some of the same problems you had with the other paragraph. Don't worry, reading gets easier with practice.

Lets take a look at the sentence, shall we?

"King's Point officially adopt the Kingdom of the Emerald Hills Corpora as it's governing document in regards to officers, elections, qualifications, and residency requirements."

Alright, we have the subject(!): "King's Point", and the predicate(!) "officially adopt the Kingdom of the Emerald Hills Corpora as it's governing document in regards to officers, elections, qualifications, and residency requirements."

You are correct, in that King's Point does not have an official park corpora.

I am completely baffled as to how you could have read that any of the possible results of this passing or failing in any way would remove the park's right to their own corpora.

If we officially adopt the kingdom corpora as our own... nothing would change.
If we don't do anything, we continue to refer to the kingdom corpora... and nothing would change.
If we don't care either way, then we continue to refer to the kingdom corpora... and nothing would change.
If we create our own official KP corpora... then we are exercising the right that you seem wonderfully passionate about.

As to why it would even come up... well, obviously there is an issue regarding what the kingdom does, versus what the park does, and what we have a right to do. Officially adopting a corpora, even just a copy-paste of the kingdom's is a step into making sure our own personal rules are laid out, something you agree we have a right to do.

We good?

Good.

Though all I see is corrupted, and all I touch crumbles like ash... Though the world may be dead, the light of my god will nourish and His shadow will revive, for my faith is beyond breaking, and guides me towards the moment I wake from this Dream.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:46 am 

wouldn't the kingdom corpora take precedence over any park corpora? as in wouldnt the park one be slightly redundant?

or would it be along the lines of what dreadmoor is writing to become a confederacy?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:37 am 

A park corpora sets the ''House Rules''. Its pretty much a clearing of the gray areas so that issues at home are easier to deal with.

Dreadmoor is developing a Kingdom Corpora which will eventually go before the COM whenever the time comes to pass that we step out from under the wing of the Phoenix and become our own Kingdom.

Park corporas are extensions of the Kingdom and may not contradict, but may define. I am sure it will have to be submitted for approval, but...yeah.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:03 am 

Sahrial wrote:

Do NOT ignore the crack. Sutra's Crack is the most important part of this Althing!!! This is an issue that MUST be addressed!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:06 pm 

AnnaMarie wrote:
Sahrial wrote:

Do NOT ignore the crack. Sutra's Crack is the most important part of this Althing!!! This is an issue that MUST be addressed!!!!!!!

Indeed, and so long as it stays dressed, we can consider the issue resolved. =P

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » King's Point