Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Red Storm

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:36 pm 

Movie demo went really well with one more night to go. We handed out loads of fliers and spoke to a LOT of ppl. Good showing from our park and 5 Banners too. Most ppl were garbed to the nines and it looked very cool ...great job!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:20 pm 

Try and get someone to take pictures tonight! Awesome job :)

Post Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:02 am 

Weekend went awesomely. Tremendous amount of info got passed out and hopefully we'll all get some new ppl at our respective parks.
We even got free tickets to see the movie afterwards which was very nice to receive. Next weekend it's back for one more round as the theater is showing Monty Python's Holy Grail. We all will be doing quotes I am sure, now I need to find coconuts;) and figure out the actual air speed velocity of an unladen African AND European swallow! Anyone have a spare abacus?
btw my favorite color is blue ...No green ....aaaaaahhhhhh

Post Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:26 pm 

Nice score on the tickets :)

How did the setup go. Were the things that were discussed in the thread here useful? The different roles for the demo filled? How did they work out for your demo?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:45 pm 

We had our park banner, were given a table by the theater to use which was very nice. We had a lot of weapons, some armor, and garb on display and of course the garb. Most ppl came to us wanting to know what we were doing so we filled them in. We had the ROP there so we could go into more detail for those that asked for it. No real need to have someone 'barking' info really. Both parks got mentioned each time and the locations. days and times when we meet each time someone spoke to anyone. Swords were handed over so ppl could see that safety is of prime importance. We even had a graphite golf club, partially wrapped and a section of pool noodle to show the beginnings of how to make a sword. We talked up the A&S aspects of Amtgard for those that might not want to get on the field ...or want to fight and do more. Where to get garb got covered (thrift stores ect) and of course the fact that it's free to play. Hmmm how long Amtgard has been in existence, and that we are part of the 2nd oldest Kingdom, approx amount of ppl that play the game and in what countries. It went really well and everyone did a great job as stated previously.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:48 am 

Very nice that the 'barker' role wasn't really a necessity. Some places it is as people can be shy but I am excited for you guys that people were interested enough to just walk over since it makes it easier for you.

Approximately how many fliers would you say you guys handed out? I imagine you demonstrated the hit locations, was there any full speed fighting? Did your audience participate any?

Keep track of who shows up at the park from hearing about you at your demo. The information would be really great to pass on to other parks to perhaps get them involved in doing demos.

I also just wanted to say thanks to you Tigerhawke and GhostTiger for really making the demos happen there in the OK area. We can talk till the dragons come home on the forums but you guys put it into action. All of the planning and discussion was well worth it.

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Red Storm