Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post subject: Leather Armor
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:45 pm 

Can thinner leather, ie. pigskin for example, be layered like cloth (4 layers equal 1 pt of armor) or can padding be placed between 2 layers of thin leather and still qualify as 1 point of armor?

Can different thicknesses of leather be layered together to make the 3/16th thickness? I've inherited different thicknesses of leather and want to be doing this correctly. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Leather Armor
 Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:03 pm 

Hello, Your question is a good one, you might need to derect that toward Sir Delphos Darkheart. I do not believe he is not on the forums but on the eh mailing list. I will copy you message and email him and give you his answer. Hope all is going go at your park and hope to visit you all up there soon.

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:07 pm 

Many thanks for your reply and offer to get me some info:)
I have used some of the leather, had enough to make extra pieces to glue together to get the correct thickness for one point leather armor. I guess I'll have to stud it to get an extra point. Course as I'm sewing the pieces together I realize that I could go a bit overboard with all the ideas that are running rampart through my brain!
I used a store bought pattern, aerosol glued the thin pattern pieces to heavy paper so I could trace the pieces directly onto the leather. That worked really well.
Anytime you want to visit ...well we'd love to have you at our park.
btw stormtrooper? Are you tall enough to be one? lol . I used to fly XVT on-line years ago.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:24 pm 

I think the answer is "no". The classification of the armor is based on the base material used. BUT, you can take the leather scraps you have and make one Hell of a set of flurby Orky armor and still make it look good. I'm currently working on a piece of leather armor in replication of dragon scales and what not. I know it's only going to be a Base of 1 point leather armor, even though I've layered the scales. But if I can make it look good, it might get a bonus for excellent craftsmanship.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences