Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post subject: metal pole
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:41 pm 

I have a 12 ft aluminum pole vaulting pole but I want to know what the rules and regulations are for metal cores. Since it was made for vaulting and can withstand quite a bit of pressure, I think it would be safe for combat. Thanks.

Xenhei of Midnight Rain.

Post subject: Re: metal pole
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:00 am 

This time the answer is not "Pie" but is in fact actually "No"

While it might seem like a sturdy material and completely harmless but I remember someone at Clan had one some 10 years ago and seriously injured someone with it during normal play. The guy wasnt being over zealous or anything it is just the way pole vaults are made. They are made to transfer energy. And at this particular clan it did just that and ended up breaking 2 of a guys ribs(through padding) when it transferred the energy from the thrust to the targets ribcage.

Bamboo is cheap and sturdy enough for what we use it for. You can get 12' shafts for about $4 a stick online. If you dont want to buy them in bundles alone perhaps you can get with a few people who would like to make a pokey and pool together. Or as others have mentioned sometimes you can get a cheap bundle at Pier 1 Imports for pretty cheap as well.

Cheers

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:19 am 

thanks.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:36 am 

No problem! Dont let that turn you off of looking for new building techniques. The game's weapon building techniques have changed a lot over the years and the only way to know is to ask or try it. And these forums being a resource for players if someone needs to know in the future this information is available for them using the search feature. Really, thanks for asking :)

Perhaps next time we will have Pie ;P

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences