Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:33 pm 

Stay warm and stylish! ;P

Also saw bamboo shafts about 1.5" diameter - 2" for $3.99 each for peeps having trouble locating some in their area.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:40 am 

...oh I've got that beat.

50% off fleece at Joann's. I think they're discontinuing some things.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:44 am 

Nice! I wish there was a Joann's near me, at this point i have to factor gas mileage into the savings % ;)

Joann's gets me into trouble when I DO go though!

Finished my winter tunic yesterday so I am prepared for some cold, now if the rain will just stay away.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:41 pm 

30-50% off fleece at Hancock Fabrics too if you have them in TX. $3.99 per yard and 56-60 inches wide. It makes good shield covers too, especially if you draw string the cover so you can wash it;)
LOL Fog ..fabric stores are my kind of 'drug' ..or the linen area at the Goodwill ..never know what sheets, drapes or other things I can find there that give me lots of fabric for a small amount of cash. Yard sales are good if someone is selling plain drapes ..for a bit of work you can rip out the top pleating and end up with a lot of usable fabric.

Gotta pick on you Fog .... cold is growing up in New England and then living in Ontario for 23 years. The weather forcasters tell you just how long you can be out until your skin freezes ..geesh eh? I miss the beauty of the snow but not the shoveling part!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:27 pm 

TigerHawke";p="9581 wrote:
.... cold is growing up in New England and then living in Ontario for 23 years. The weather forcasters tell you just how long you can be out until your skin freezes ..geesh eh? I miss the beauty of the snow but not the shoveling part!

Hehe to true, I lived in Minnesota for 9 years so the cold here in TX just means I will wear long sleeves outside. I'll still wear my shorts though! At most in MN if i wasnt doing something for business I would wear shorts and a jacket. I only regretted it once ;)

Lets just say my TX winter tunic is sleeveless. It should hold for the 5-6 hrs i hang at the park. I'll probably be pretty hot/sweaty for the ditch but semi chilled if it gets windy on that hill MWGers play on these days.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:34 am 

LOL ..too true! I still dress lighter than most ppl here in OK ...and I open the windows and balcony door when my husband thinks it is cold.

You should post a pic of you in your new tunic btw, I'd love to see it. I'm always quite interested in new sewing/crafting ideas.
Here's a true Amt story ... I was going to add a symbol for a guy from a local fighting company to his tunic. I didn't get to it as quickly as I should have but my 2 young dogs did ...they ravaged it really well! So off I went to get new fabric and trim and made him a brand new one. He wanted the old one back too but it was ..how you say ..TOAST!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:55 am 

I'll get one tomorrow at the park. Otherwise it will look like some myspace photo with a geek standing in the bathroom ;)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:29 pm 

LMAO !!

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences