Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post subject: Special effects art
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:36 am 

So as many of the Dreadmoor community already knows about the majority of my A&S entries (My crafted spellbooks and hand carved staffs for show) but I was wanting more of an opinion from the EH people. I specialize mainly in special effects and recourceful with supplies. But I usually seem to get confuzzled with the documentation. Is there a format card for entries? If not could someone make one?

Post subject: Re: Special effects art
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:18 pm 

You know I have never seen one. Most use index cards that state what the item is (some come up with creative names for items) how long it took you to create, materials used and any helpful info that you want to include about the item. It's not a lot of space, but if done in advance of an A&S you can practice getting the info on there and looking good.

Carved staffs? I'd love to see your work as I like to collect them. Do you sell them and for how much? What type of wood do you use?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:26 pm 

Actually for my spellbooks I craft them out of cardboard and paper towels. I will have to figure out how to post pictures. My staffs are actuall tree limbs I find on the ground (I do also state what kind of tree as well so usuallt Oak, Willow, or anything I find) which I follow for religous purposes and will not break them off a tree (I am Pagan). My recently finished was a Druid staff which scored a 5.0 at our coronation. It was an oak limb with a break slanting upwards, so I stuck a ceramic Bison skull on top of it with a leather grip and beaded feather strands with thorns and beads draping from the skull. I am wanting to get an authentic animal skull because the ceramic one is kind of small but still works.

I would love to start selling them, if I do I usually think awhile on what to sell them at, because I don't want to make it seem like I am jipping anyone. Because usually it doesn't cost me a dime to make them. I usually find everything I need around the home. Although the work and cut up fingers from excesive use of razor blades and Xacto knives usually up the cost. I may just auction them off, I am not sure yet.

GM or Druids
PM of Riverstone
Captain of The Shadow Chorus
Member of House Singollo

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:29 pm 

Also I just started an Ocerina in ceramics class that I want a unique knife carving design, but I don't want to see another Zelda model. I love Zelda but the Zelda ocerinas are becomming overrated. So any suggestions would rock, I was originally thinking an elven vine and leaf motif (Since my persona is an elf) on it. But I would like to hear some more suggestions.

GM or Druids
PM of Riverstone
Member of House Singollo

Post subject: Re: Special effects art
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:05 pm 

Well, stick to what the elements describe....

Could design one in the the shape of a volcano with molten rock pouring from the vent holes, possibly a water motif as the ocarina could be made to look like a whale... Lots of different ways to go, just....think.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:10 pm 

It's actually a sweet potatoe model. I need an etched designe to put in the body of it.

GM or Druids
PM of Riverstone
Member of House Singollo

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences