Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:51 am 

Currency endorsed by Grand Inquisitor Sutra Bahuas. A second set was in the works for use during Grand Duke Sir Trinity's reign but was never completed.

Coupled with the paper money, metal coin shaped rounds painted silver and gold were also used for Role-Play purposes. Mostly clip art but designed by Sutra Bahuas.

I also implemented a currency system for multiple kingdom level relic/RP quests involving a pay scale for weapons/armor/spells and other in-game items.

Rising Winds has an interesting currency system and so does Knoblander. More details to come.

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:04 am 

I have been develpoing an in game currency system that would (hopefully) last longer that 1 reign. I think the key is goign to be metal coins that will withstand use and abuse and showing that they will have carry over value from one event to the next.

I'd be interested in talking to you about your ideas and seeing if we can adapt them into something that will last as a long term system for the EH.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:57 am 

where i work, i make metal slugs all day that could easily be painted. have either thought of a way to generate donations through this system?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:06 pm 

Can you get them stamped/pressed with an image? The idea is to make coins that can't be counterfeited in a cost effective way. Plus a stamp with the Kingdom emblem on it would help denote what it was as well as serving as a great recuitment tool.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:11 pm 

I was wondering if there was any currency in this game. I support currency, I'll be watching this thread lol

"As our bodies are armoured with Adamantium, our souls are protected with our loyalty. As our bolters are charged with death for the Emperor's enemies, our thoughts are charged with his wisdom. As our ranks advance, so does our devotion, for are we not Marines? Are we not the chosen of the Emperor, his loyal servants unto death?"
- Brother-Chaplain Fergas Nils' address to the defenders of Portrein

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:00 am 

i can laser cut the emblem, possibly etch but as for stamping, i dont have the capabilities to cast a die in the EH emblem.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:55 am 

I am out of town today at a workshop. Call me tomorrow and let's chat. :)

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:21 pm 

What if a park already has its own form of currency? How would the two interact?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:21 pm 

Interesting ideas. As for parks having their own currency, do you mean that you guys have a system that you already use? If so, could you post up about how it works? I'm very interested.

I would love to see something like this come into effect, especially if it can be used, in game, to buy things that might effect the game in some way. Some things that come to mind are "potions" and poisons. Maybe something that would allow you to use a single enchantment of 3rd level or lower or a poison that would work like some other spells or even just plain poison. It could be very interesting to see a group working all event just to get enough money to buy, say, potions of barkskin or something along those lines, for the big battle.

Lettusio-Rex, Dreadmoor Fey Jackalope
Member of the House of H.O.P.S.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:22 pm 

Malran wrote:
Interesting ideas. As for parks having their own currency, do you mean that you guys have a system that you already use? If so, could you post up about how it works? I'm very interested.

I would love to see something like this come into effect, especially if it can be used, in game, to buy things that might effect the game in some way. Some things that come to mind are "potions" and poisons. Maybe something that would allow you to use a single enchantment of 3rd level or lower or a poison that would work like some other spells or even just plain poison. It could be very interesting to see a group working all event just to get enough money to buy, say, potions of barkskin or something along those lines, for the big battle.

on a side note, that was my 100th post. Wahoo!

Lettusio-Rex, Dreadmoor Fey Jackalope
Member of the House of H.O.P.S.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:57 am 

Here's a few places that do coins; http://coinsforanything.com/, http://www.challengecoinsrus.com/create.htm/, http://coinable.com/. Although these places are a bit pricey, but they also sell to corporations mostly.

I do not suffer fools gladly, and fools with white belts never.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:00 am 

so players would cash in real money for in-game money that could permanently improve them? kinda like how free mmos work now-a-days? or some other concept.

"As our bodies are armoured with Adamantium, our souls are protected with our loyalty. As our bolters are charged with death for the Emperor's enemies, our thoughts are charged with his wisdom. As our ranks advance, so does our devotion, for are we not Marines? Are we not the chosen of the Emperor, his loyal servants unto death?"

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:46 am 

In some systems, it was a 1:1 system, meaning they would sell kingdom currency for real monies. It was considered more of a donation, but the exchange was there. I've seen folks hand out a 1:1 ratio of currency in exchange of gate fee as well.

I personally like the thought of having the kingdom make a unified currency that's tough to counterfeit and handing out a set amount to each park per Reign/Month/What have you. This would promote park level RP with currency influence. The currency would be useable throughout the reign at both park and kingdom level, allowing for the purchasing of armor/weapons/skills/levels/magics/relics/game items/etc.

During Reine's reign, the EH Talon was used as loot on monsters/npcs during Quests or handed out at gate. A pricing list was included on the forums and event documents that explained the buying levels of anything given a price.

I def. see a currency system working for a reign or two, but it tends to get upgraded or disinterest bumps it to the backburner. Anxious to see interest kick up again real soon!

Some possibily useful links:
http://www.amtgard-eh.com/gallery/Archi ... entFlyers/ (many of the even flyers here contain a purchasing guide that was used for a bunch of kingdom level RP quests)
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/dwm/Currency.htm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/AQG-list/
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=1 ... opic=14885
http://www.southernwastes.com/bank/oldgold.htm

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:05 pm 

I wrote an airsoft larp ruleset and it was more of a "bank" where you had to mark everything (kinda like how when you sign in) there was no physical representation...i guess it was more like checks lol. anyway, to keep it going there were specific skills like enchanting and armor repair (because if you didnt pay for armor repair once it was lost it's lost), etc. and quests were given via a "bounty board" which was first-come-first-serve quests that could be shared, etc.

idk, just throwing ideas out there, just woke up..lol...

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:50 pm 

www.tokensdirect.com charges a one time fee of $195 to make a custom die. The tokens are .10 to .20 each depending on how many you order and what size. minimum order is 5,000 for custom tokens. They have gold, silver, and copper. So, for an initial order of 5,000 coins at about $0.15 each, with the die, it would cost around $945. i love the idea of coins for loot but that is a pretty big investment. Mabye we can have some one make a die and look for pewter coin blanks we can stamp with a hammer.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences