Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:54 pm 

No Sutra No. But I prefer using the golf club shafts because of the amount of foam thats used it keeps it from being super heavy.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:07 pm 

Myth Of Reality wrote:
Interesting. Though I'm not fond of PVC I do tend to favor longer, and heavier flat blades. Warping PVC does sound like there are many possibilities.

pvc behaves kinda like glass when you heat it, minus the all out shattering, lol. best to use an oven. if you're anywhere near denton maybe i can show you sometime. planning on making myself a khopesh sometime.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:41 pm 

That sounds bad ass. [smilie=icon_cheesygrin.gif]

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:39 am 

ok so yeah i like pvc if i am choosing to make somenthing that the blade bends in any form but i still prefer the hot water method to using the over or stove they have a habit of burning core if u dont pay atention for more than 5 sec, however if i want to make matching super light flat blades i prefer golf club, toby it would be all great and junk for yo to make weapons when you get done however please get your rear end to a local park

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:43 am 

Exile wrote:
ok so yeah i like pvc if i am choosing to make somenthing that the blade bends in any form but i still prefer the hot water method to using the over or stove they have a habit of burning core if u dont pay atention for more than 5 sec, however if i want to make matching super light flat blades i prefer golf club, toby it would be all great and junk for yo to make weapons when you get done however please get your rear end to a local park

lol, depending on how much gas (no fart jokes!) i have this weekend i might try to come down to MWG or something closer to you.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:00 pm 

I didn't know you posted Exile.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:44 am 

on here i do sometimes, i may not post but i allways at least try to read them, btw whats up sebaki

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:58 am 

I'm doing ok, just trying to get every one that prefers flat blade to get together on the forums to discuss construction/fighting techniques with each other.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:34 am 

i love flat blades i just dont use them as weapon construction takes a bit longer and i am known for killing several swords a weekend so i would hate to have to continue to rebuild them, and for the most part i think more than half of the kingdom dosent know how to use tem and flat side to the side of my head does not feel good

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:31 pm 

I find flat blade combat more... engaging. Something about the increased work you but it to your weapons and the additional skill required to aim all your shots with the "edge" make combat just feel like... more.

Spoiler! :
Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best, you observe the least.
Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be deceived.
Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:52 pm 

I think the word you are looking for is more realistic, and no offense to any of you skilled amtgard fighters because I have much respect for you all. Not to say that round blade fighters have no amtgard fighting skills, but what I am trying to say is the flat blade requires a different set of techniques and skills more akin to resl weapon combat, which as we all know is different from those used with a round blade. But I would love to see the day when I went out to park or a big event and EVERY ONE was using flat blades. I know that will never happen but it is nice to dream. [smilie=icon_cheesygrin.gif]

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:37 pm 

Lightsabers for everyone!!!! bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!

I actually love flatblades but i hate building them so I stick to my lightsaber lol

I may fall but I will arise again and again, eyes blue alight to fight for the cause that is embedded in my stilled, frozen heart.

~Dreadlord Stripe Frostsorrow~
~Dreadlord Stripe Frostsorrow~

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:44 pm 

I will adit you do have a point, but still.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:01 pm 

junk_warrior wrote:
I think the word you are looking for is more realistic, and no offense to any of you skilled amtgard fighters because I have much respect for you all. Not to say that round blade fighters have no amtgard fighting skills, but what I am trying to say is the flat blade requires a different set of techniques and skills more akin to resl weapon combat, which as we all know is different from those used with a round blade. But I would love to see the day when I went out to park or a big event and EVERY ONE was using flat blades. I know that will never happen but it is nice to dream. [smilie=icon_cheesygrin.gif]

you will if you go to belegarth or dagorhir lol

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:19 am 

Why can't we have that in amtgard? [smilie=icon_sad.gif] [smilie=icon_question.gif]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences