Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:25 am 

I'm wondering if an item entered in a previous DM but not in a Kingdom Quals, received no awards for it, be allowed to be entered in a later Quals?

I know the other way around is acceptable and then those items can be entered in Olympiad. I've not come across this subject yet.

I would be greatful for a sincere answer to this pondering question....

Please and thank you.

Mom to most of the Mourningwood Glenn Goblin Horde
Ilharess Qu'ellar Renor Cryso
Mistress of Garb aka Master Garber (I am a proud Artisan)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:33 pm 

Any item may be entered into a higher level competition than the one before, but not lower.

Park level --> kingdom quals --> Dragonmaster --> Olympiad

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:39 pm 

It is generally up to the Regent. Since DM and QWuals are both Kingdom level events, sometimes they are allowed to be entered into both as long as they have not received an award previously.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:54 pm 

Thank you Evergreen, I appreciate the answer.

Aylin I already knew that, that wasn't what I was asking. Perhaps I wasn't explaining it well. Evergreen answered for me.

This was a thought I had while Pro-tem Regent of my park. A person could enter the same item only once in each A&S tourney regardless of the order in which they do it so long as they haven't received an award for it. Meaning one time each in a park quals, kingdom quals, DM and Olympiad.

I've only entered one item in my amt-career that I entered in Kingdom Quals to enter later on in a DM all my other entries have been new so it wasn't something I had considered for the other way around.

"

Last edited by CrimsonWitch on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:50 pm 

A lot of people in the past will enter something in one, to tweak it and reenter in the other. Granted, this is most easily done with cooking or bardic entries, but there it is.

Rayel

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:59 pm 

To clarify, what I posted relates to Kingdom level A&S. In regards to what Aylin posted, she is right about back tracking to a lower level competition. So if you enter at the Kingdom level, you can't enter that piece at the park level. If you enter something at Olympiad, you can't enter it at the Kingdom level. The only thing I differ from with hewr is that you CAN enter in both DM and quals regardless of the order of those events as long as the item does not win an award.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:01 pm 

even if it wins an award at one, it can be entered into both events, just not awarded again...correct?

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:46 am 

I haven't had the need to enter park quals. What I meant was Kingdom Quals and Kingdom DM and whether or not they are considered the same level. Again and I so appreciate the clarification it's very helpful.

I've held a park DM many times...which I call Hatchling Masters which I can't take all the credit since I took a part from Tangeena's Gecko Masters she had done during her reign as EH regent.

My HMs don't have a scoring system (that both the Gecko and DM does) just a learning tool and an avenue for new A&S participants. One or 2 judges and myself will leave feedback for the item and what they could do to said item to have it score better in a kingdom level and higher A&S tourneys. Unfortunately the turnout isn't as well as I would like but if I can get through to 1 or 2 folks and they do well later, I feel it was a success. Unlike my own experience in my first DM.

A couple of the times the turnout has been only one or two entrants and I have run it and Park Quals at the same time just with different scoring. I should also mention that how the feedback is given is up to the participant. I've openly gone over entries with participants and at the request of the participant judged their entries while they are doing other things, when I'm done I leave them the comments and if at that time they want to go over the comments then I do so.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:46 am 

Docsi wrote:
even if it wins an award at one, it can be entered into both events, just not awarded again...correct?

It is always at the discretion of the Regent, but historically, items that win awards are not allowed to be re-entered.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:45 pm 

There is generally no rule that a quals entry can not have been entered into anything previously, and that is the only thing that would prevent DM entries from showing up at quals. A couple of times, people have tried to say works at quals need to be "all new work," but its basically impossible to define what that would mean. Quals and DM aren't at any particular "level" in relation to each other.

The rules for DM are going to vary the most, since it's completely up to the Regent what kind of competition they are are going to run.

CQ is bound more by tradition... nothing that has been entered at a kingdom level event before. Lower level competitions are usually okay. There is no consistent, fixed policy with regard to Interkingdom events; that would be up to the cultural sponsor. As interim Regent I personally didn't see how entering something at Olympiad should disqualify it from counting for quals. The main concern is that someone doesn't re-use entries from previous quals, even other kingdom quals.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences