Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:10 pm 

Hello, Emerald Hills! I would like to announce the “Iron Chef Challenge: Amtgard Edition” contest for Reign LV. This contest involves all of the Emerald Hills and is conducted on three tiers. Tier I (Best of Park) is a local, park-level competition amongst individual cooks. Tier II (Regionals) will pit the winners of the Tier I competitions against each other. Regional Divisions will be announced soon. Tier III (The Final Challenge) will pit the winners from each region against each other in the official challenge, to be held at End Reign.

TIER I: Best of Park
All parks who wish to participate in the challenge must notify me by email by Sunday, July 19th, and provide me with a complete list of participants. Each individual park that participates will hold a cooking contest and notify me of the first and second place winner, as well as what dish(es) were prepared by the winners and any award recommendations. If only one individual wants to participate from a park, then no contest needs to be held at the park. The participant’s info simply needs to be emailed to me.

All park level competitions need to be completed by Aug. 2 and reported to me.

TIER II: Regionals
The kingdom has been divided into four separate regions for many of the competitions that will occur this reign. The two winners from each park will now compete against the other parks in their region. One winner and a runner up will be selected from each of the four regions based on the scores of their dishes presented. The first place winner will move on to compete in TIER III. The runner up from each region will serve as a backup should the first place winner be unable to attend END REIGN/CORONATION.

We need a park in each region to volunteer to run the regional competition at their park.

TIER III: Final Challenge – End Reign
The four winning teams from the Regional’s will now face off against Sir Bloodmoon, the reigning Iron Chef. The rules for the contest here change drastically.
* Each Chef will be allowed up to three Sous Chefs on their team.
* No off-site cooking allowed. All entries must be prepped and cooked at the event itself.
* Entrants are responsible for their own kitchen and ingredients. Our site does have electricity and running water but you have to bring the kitchen sink!
* Participants may shop for ingredients all the way up to the official sign-in time for the Final Challenge.
* A "secret ingredient" will be selected that the Entrants must use in all of their entries. Participants will be advised two weeks in advance of End Reign of the three possible ingredients that the secret ingredient could be, but will not know which one will be selected until the start of the Final Challenge. You are advised to be prepared for all three.
* Sign In will end at 10am at which time the rules of the competition will be reviewed with the contestants and the secret ingredient revealed. You will be expected to have your stations setup and ready to start by 10:30. You will not be allowed to bring anything else to your station that is not already there after 10:30.
*Starting at 10:30am you will have 90 minutes to complete your dishes.
*Judging will start promptly at 12 pm and your dishes are expected to be completed and placed on the judging table by 12pm. No dishes will be allowed to placed on the judging table after this time.
* A panel of four judges will be grading your entries on taste, texture, appetizing presentation and difficulty.
The entire challenge will be recorded on video, and there will be two running commentators. This will be edited together to create as smooth a video as possible, which will be released to Amtgard in general for everyone's enjoyment.

---------------------------------------
"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
-George Bernard Shaw

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:22 pm 

Greetings EH Chefs!

Admist all the rumors of spies and secret plans, I would like to remind everyone of the upcoming deadline (this SUNDAY, JULY 19) for parks to enter the Iron Chef: Amtgard competition.  I need a list from the Regent of EACH park that is entering, giving me the names (both Real Name and Amtgard Name) of all people who are competing.  At this stage, that is all I need.

Please send this to qintahr@gmail.com.  Use the subject "[Park Name] - Iron Chef Competition.

Here are some clarifications that needed to be addressed:
1. You may only enter at your Home Park.  You may not enter at someone else's park.  This also means that you may not enter at more than one park.

2. The TIER I competition does not require your entries to be made on-site.  You may prepare them at home.  Only one dish is required, but I advise your Park Regent to make sure everyone is making the same category.  Judging a dessert against a main dish is difficult, at best.

3. The actual contest for your park can be held anytime between JULY 19 and AUGUST 2, at which point I will need the Park Regent to forward the first and second place winners to me by END OF DAY on Aug 2.  Regents, be sure to let me know if any of the dishes (winners or not) might be deserving of an award.

3. Even if there is only one person entering from your park, I still need that person's name.  For reasons...

---------------------------------------
"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
-George Bernard Shaw

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences