Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences » Tournament Results Archive

Post subject: WM/DM March 13/14
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:43 am 

What's the itinerary for each day? Time of start, trny times etc. I'd like to get a handle on how I need to plan travel for that weekend ahead of time.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: WM/DM March 13/14
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:46 pm 

DragonMaster will be run to the Kingdom Standard (ie same thing as always)

I will be posting catagoreies and such soon, but I can promise nothing out of the ordinary

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:55 pm 

WeaponMaster sign ins will satrt at noon and sign ins will close at 1pm. Once an event has started, no one may be added to that list, but may still be added to any remaining events.

For purposes of scoring the tournament, any team events will not count towards your individual Weaponmaster total.

For individual events 1st place = 3pts, 2nd place = 2 pts, and 3rd place = 1pt.

There should be 5 events each day.

Anyone wanting to help reeve, please contact me.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:34 pm 

Just 5 WM events per day? God!! How lame.

Oh to be back in the "10 events a day" times.

I would think that most stick jocks would be shaking their collective heads over such a small amount of war events.

Granted, just because the DM event has dwindled down to about 10 people entering, I suppose it might be seen as a reason to hold less WM events. But the whole DM event has sucked more and more over the years. And yet we still have people showing up in mass for the tourneys.

Again... I suggest we drop the DM event to a once a year thing. Maybe the quality and quantity will go up.

I swear, Delphos and Brennon really just remind me of a couple of bad Spock and Bones impersonators.

"Nevron disagrees with and dislikes me. He is, however, rational".- Brennon

"I'll admit, I trolled the smack forum." - Shady Troll

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:28 pm 

Nevron";p="10169 wrote:
Again... I suggest we drop the DM event to a once a year thing. Maybe the quality and quantity will go up.

Would it make sense to do Dragonmaster during the Spring Reign and Weaponmaster during the Fall Reign? Then the winner of each would hold the title for one year.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:34 am 

The Weaponmaster title was kinda designed to be the current monarchs "warrior extrodanaire". Each new incoming monarch would hold a tourney shortly after their coronation to see which of his/hers populace would rise to the top and kick the rest of populaces arse. Kinda like their own personal version of a Lancalot.

I'm not so sure that changing the titles time frame is going to help out the DM event. Plus we would have to change the corpora and lets not forget that the WM title is one of the basic ingredients if not an actual requirement for the Sword belt. Winning a WM tourney is one of the most common ways for a Warlord to be found.

I may be wrong, (it has happened at least 3 times in my life) but I'm under the opinion that the whole DM event was given life in response to a (at the time) rise in cultural activities. The warriors of the land had more opportunites to show off their skills and win awards. The artsey, fartsey crowd wanted to have their days in the sun as well. It was a grand idea that I think went off pretty well for a long while. But the Warriors Guild doesn't need days, weeks, or even months to prepare for one of their events. The craft-wielders do. Or at least maybe they should if they want to do well.

So while the craft-slingers deserve a special event for them to show off their talents. Having them perform their feats of creative skills to often causes the level of craftmanship to suffer.

Warriors just need a sunny day and weapons check.

I swear, Delphos and Brennon really just remind me of a couple of bad Spock and Bones impersonators.

"Nevron disagrees with and dislikes me. He is, however, rational".- Brennon

"I'll admit, I trolled the smack forum." - Shady Troll

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:47 pm 

I think having DM once a year is not a bad idea at all. I was talking to a good friend from Goldenvale and got talking about the quality and number of entries at Shire, Barony and so on. Each level of park size should be 'fielding' a higher quality of craftmanship. I can see that. So Kingdom level work should be top notch work and that takes time, materials and creativity.
To get that, I know that I would need the time to be able to buy materials, and plan out my projects. Plus I have to plan the trip down, putting money aside since even mailing entries down would prob cost as much as the trip!

Once a year ...I can do that. OR there could be 2 DM Events, one in EH proper and one Kingdom run one up here. ( I know the parks up here would jump at the chance to host it, even on a rotational basis)

Why couldn't there be a Kingdom DM and a Regional DM? Make the difference not only the 'area' DM event one entered but also differentiate by the number of entries required. Each would be held once a year, but perhaps staggered so as not to fall in the same month to give ppl time to travel between the 2 events.

I'd also love to see a How to Judge class be held, up here... and actually have EH judging sheets to use. Right now I have some from another Kingdom's site, although they are good, it is not the same as having your own Kingdom's sheets/info. Any chance of getting current sheets and judging info? I'd surely love to be able to serve the parks up here by learning to judge and know exactly what I am looking for and how to assign points for each item.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:21 pm 

Saturday, March 13 at Midnight Sun
Sunday, March 14 at Kings Point

Registration will begin at 12, judging will begin at 1:30pm. You may pre register by emailing me at kentaredhawk@yahoo.com (please put DM/WM in header) up to and including Friday March 12. No pre registrations will be accepted after Midnight on Friday.

Scoring:

This will not change from what we have been using lately. BTA (Better than average) 3.5 system. The cultural winner will be the person with the highest combined score from entries that meet the following requirements; only the entrant’s two best entries in any given category (enter 3 per category max) will count towards their overall score. Entries that achieve a score that is a 3.5 or lower will not count towards the entrant’s overall score. Only scores OVER 3.5 count. Overall winner must contribute a minimum of 3 items.

Other notes: Please have index cards for all entries, this will help. For writing, please have 5 copies available. For cooking, please provide serving utensils, plates, etc.

Categories

Cooking:
Appetizer
Main Course
Dessert
Other

Writing:
Factual
Fictional
Poetry
Publications

Bardic:
Singing
Oratory
Instrumental
Dance
Other

Art:
2-D
3-D
Photography

Garb:
Fighting
Court
Color/Casual
Monster
Accessory
Favor
Jewelry
Other

Construction:
Passive
Active
Armor
Weapon
Shield
Banner

Rose

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:50 pm 

Fighting events will be:

Sat:
Pole Arm
Single Short
Flourentine (Any)
Sword and Madu/Spear
Single Dagger
2 person Teams

Sun:
Great Weapon
Single Long
Sword and Shield
Sword and Dagger
Open Weapon
3 person teams

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:25 pm 

Just a note, this Saturday at MS will be at the main park, unless it rains, if it does rain we will try to move it to the A-Frame.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:48 pm 

The top placers in Weaponmaster and Dragonmaster will be receiving kingdom-relics. Order of picking will be determined at random from amongst the equivalent winners in each tournament.

For example:
If Bob gets first overall in WM, and Sally gets 1st overall in DM, we will determine by coin toss who gets first pick of the relics available, but both of them will get to pick before either of the 2nd place winners.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:08 am 

Here are the intial results of DragonMaster. Only 2 people entered on Sat at MS. any of the entrants can contact me at kentaredhawk@yahoo.com for questions and judges comments.

Yona:
1. Black Mask 3.78
2. Gold and Black Pouch 4.16
3. Flameblade cover 3.03
4. Black and Gold Dress 4.1
5. Black and Green Dress 3.85
6. Gold Robe 3.83
total points: 1.86

Margul
1. Serpent Knight's belt 4.02
total points 0.52

Vargus
1. Purple Arrow 3.43
2. Centaur 3.6
3. Corrosion Beast 3.83
4. Troll Claw 3.25
total points 0.43

Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:35 pm 

I am loathe to declare a winner in DM, as I feel there was no competition. If you look at the scores above, you can see the placement of the 3 individuals that did enter. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are pretty obvious.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:43 pm 

since i have the question, probably a couple others will: how did a person who only entered one item "out score" someone who entered 4?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:21 pm 

cynisca";p="10361 wrote:
since i have the question, probably a couple others will: how did a person who only entered one item "out score" someone who entered 4?

Points are based on the "better than average" system. So, just because you entered more than someone else does not mean you will score higher than them if the quality of your entries were lower. See below:

This will not change from what we have been using lately. BTA (Better than average) 3.5 system. The cultural winner will be the person with the highest combined score from entries that meet the following requirements; only the entrant’s two best entries in any given category (enter 3 per category max) will count towards their overall score. Entries that achieve a score that is a 3.5 or lower will not count towards the entrant’s overall score. Only scores OVER 3.5 count. Overall winner must contribute a minimum of 3 items.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences » Tournament Results Archive