Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences » Tournament Results Archive

Post subject: Quals Tourney Results
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:54 pm 

Can we get this up?

Thanks in advance,
---Tato

Post Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:18 pm 

Now why in all the worlds, known and unknown, would the populace of My Emerald Hills care about the results for a lame stick tourney? This is a Kingdom of Cultural Giants. We live and breath A&S stuff. You can't lace up your boots in this Kingdom without someone judging you on your handywork, the way the ends meet together, and the color scam of the lace with the boot.

Granted... I suppose there might be a few people out there that might have some minor interest in the results of yet another War event.

But its not like those people would loan one of our up and coming Serpent Knights a length of tape if it meant they wouldn't have enough afterwards to secure their shield cover to their shield on a day of single sword battles.

[smilie=icon_rolleyes.gif]

Post Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:05 pm 

I need you to troll more clearly because I can't decide who you're trolling here.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:18 am 

That's just it... you feel insulted yet nothing was directed at you. You see the insult yet it looks as if it's directed elsewhere. This is the work of a master... appreciate it.

Spoiler! :
Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best, you observe the least.
Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be deceived.
Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:04 am 

...He is trolling the fact that the A&S results have been up for a few days and there hasn't been a single word about the War Tourney which is undoubtedly easier to score and figure the winner.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:43 am 

[smilie=icon_rolleyes.gif]

I guess if it came right down to it, I wasn't really trolling or trying to insult anyone. Maybe I should of? Its not like I can't. And in some ways I'm sure there are a few of you who down right expect me to do just that. After all, its never to late to jump on that wagon. However, I can see how my post could of been labeled as something other than what I was intending. Not the first time, nor will it be the last. But that doesn't change what I wrote, nor will I offer any sort of applogy for it.

The intent of my post was more along the lines of me poking fun at the request for the results of the War events when its pretty much a no brainer as to who might have won. Had someone other than Mr Potato Head (yes, that's an insult... wagons ho!) requested the posting of the results I may have not even bothered to post anything. I know from experience that working up the results of a large tourney can be as hard as the person sorting out the results wants to make it. It really depends on how much information the person wants to include in the results. It could be as simple as just listing the top 3 finishers for the Event, to listing each individual events top 3, to listing the total points scored by everyone who entered the tourneys over the course of the 2 day event. And then there is the added possibility of some other mundane issues keeping the results from being posted. All this and maybe more would be reasons enough to explain any perceived delay in the results from being posted already.

But the manners of the impatience youth (new potatoes...) and their possible sheltered life (spoiled potato...) will show itself in many ways.

Personally, if I had anything to gain other than the bragging rights of whoopping up on all you young whipper snappers, I would still rather wait a few days for a complete, double checked, posting of the results. Its not like the results are going to change any due to a few extra days going by.

[smilie=icon_twisted.gif]

Post Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:24 pm 

Right. Thanks.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:37 pm 

Congratulations Potato.

Potato 26 points
Nevron 11 points
Forest 10 points
Everlast 10 points
Nicodemus 6 points
Flare 5 points
Conner 5 points
Garm 3 points
Aiden 3 points

Potato had an 18 win streak during the tournament.
Nevron had an 11 win streak during the tournament.
Forest leaves the tournament currently on a 4 win streak.
Nevron leaves the tournament currently on a 4 win streak.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:38 pm 

Sorry this took me so long to get posted. I do almost all the cooking in my household, so today was rather busy with a lot of prep time going on this week.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:18 am 

Thanks for your time, Tigger.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences » Tournament Results Archive