Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences » Tournament Results Archive

Post subject: Weapon Master Results
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:28 pm 

The results are in

For Weapon Master

1st Spyn 60 points
2nd Brett 59 points
3rd Flare 22 points

For Missile Master (highest score on projectile events)

1st Artemis 13 points
2nd Monatami 11 points
3rd Marvin & Sierra 9 points

Congrats to Spyn and Artemis

Spyn and Artemis please contact me at tjj5@tx.rr.com or If you know them please ask them to contact me

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:05 am 

Can you post individual event placements please? I was for sure Brett had beaten me after streaking the first day and part of the second. I am glad i was able to save the day but I am unsure how i managed to pull it off.

Spyn

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:58 pm 

I may not be the first but let me still be one to say, Congrats to Spyn and the others in the EH for doing so well in the Kingdoms Weaponmaster Tournament. I know that I wasn't really feeling the fight that day up north. I think that had I of tied my shoes tighter, or tried to keep the sun from being in my eyes, or better yet, just took an extra One-A-Day Vitamin, I might have made a better showing for myself. But alas... I really don't need to win anymore Weaponmasters (8 should be enough) to know that I'm still capable of making my swords feel the flesh of you mortals. Besides, I'm an old man and the rest of you need to beat me to advance up that ladder, not the other way around.

I would also like to add a personal thanks to all the young guns that made the trip up into the northern lands to represent the Kingdom proper during this tourney. I for one was darn glad to see all the known faces and all of the Texas plates in the parking lot.

While others may only think it, I'll be the one to say it. A strong showing of the EH young guns in that one park, for that one day, kept us from having another unknown as our Weaponmaster. And from what I can gather (and I could be wrong, but I would want to see how) not one of the people who advanced far enough in any of the single event rounds to compete for a win,place or show postition came from any of the northern lands. So I guess the last Weaponmaster was a no show cuz I never did see his name on the list. Kinda hard to prove your worth in this Kingdom if you don't show up.

Now before all of you start to think that I'm some sort of bad guy for saying that, lets keep 2 things in mind.
1st - I am a bad guy. So save the names, I have been called them all, and by better warriors than most of you.
2nd - Being the big fish in a little pond is all fine and well until the Sharks of the big bad ocean swim into your pond.

That being said, I hope that the northern warriors will take this experience as a learning experience and do something good with it.

Hope to see all the warriors of the EH, both North and South at our upcoming Midreign.

Other than that...

[smilie=icon_twisted.gif] [smilie=icon_cool.gif] [smilie=icon_twisted.gif]

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:29 pm 

Thanks for those encouraging words Sir Nevron. You are such a kind and warm hearted individual. Through getting our arses stomped over and over again, the Northern EH will one day present a warrior to claim that title of weapon master from warlords and sword knights alike. maybe even faster through proper training from said warlords and sword knights.

Northern friends, raid the Proper as much as you can. the bar has been shown to be very high.

thanks again to all those that swung north.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:33 pm 

well said both of u

I may fall but I will arise again and again, eyes blue alight to fight for the cause that is embedded in my stilled, frozen heart.

~Dreadlord Stripe Frostsorrow~
~Dreadlord Stripe Frostsorrow~

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:48 pm 

LOL no problem Spyn I understand your confusion. I to originally thought Brett had won until I say the scores. I even went back and double checked everything. I then realized why you were able to pull ahead. You and Brett stayed pretty close on Saturday. It was Sunday that was his demise when he failed to place in 4 of the 6 events.

All in all Brett placed in 8 of the 12 events while Spyn placed in 11 of 12

Which by the way congrats Brett on your 28 straight wins

Single Short
1st Brett
2nd Spyn
3rd JLee

Sword & Shield
1st Brett
2nd Blank
3rd Spyn

Single Dagger
1st Brett
2nd Spyn
3rd Blank

Florentine
1st Brett
2nd Kahzee
3rd Xenmosh

Sword & Madu/down spear
1st Brett
2nd Xenmosh
3rd Spyn

Weapons Scramble
1st Termus
2nd Blank
3rd Spyn

Single Long
1st Brett
2nd Spyn
3rd Flare

Polearm
1st Forest
2nd Spyn
3rd Vowels

Short sword & Dagger
1st Brett
2nd Spyn
3rd Blank

Off hand sword and shield
1st Spyn
2nd Forest
3rd Aidan

Great Weapon
1st Spyn
2nd Ariel
3rd Brett

Open Weapon
1st Spyn
2nd Flare
3rd Ariel

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:39 am 

woo hoo for Monatami! somebody from Fayetteville did good! *laugh*

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:41 am 

LOL yes she ran with an idea no one before her thought of doing and scored a few hits out of it

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:10 am 

Woot all and congrats.

Here's a small compilation of Saturday's fighting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJHu-T-hIIU

Part 2 to follow shortly.
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:51 am 

As a matter of fact, Sir Nevron...Lord Blade was unable to get off from work to participate and he wanted to; if nothing more than to cross blades with you again. Having a wife and small child kinda makes the job a bit more important don't ya think? And from what I saw at the competition and having fought him myself many times I don't think he would have had any problems placing in the tournament.

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:01 pm 

Docsi wrote:
And from what I saw at the competition and having fought him myself many times I don't think he would have had any problems placing in the tournament.

Blah blah blah...

Thats what people say about me as well. And look how well I did.

And yes, mundane life should come first so no I don't blame anyone for not showing up when the mundane Hydra rears its ugly heads in its pursuit to thwart our fun at Amtgard.

But, whacha goin do?

Life Sucks, get a Helmet!

[smilie=icon_rolleyes.gif]

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:46 pm 

Unfortunately Artemis doesn't have access to a computer. I'll see what I can to get him somewhere with one.

Spoiler! :
Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best, you observe the least.
Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be deceived.
Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:54 pm 

Sutra where did you get the music to put with the video? I love it!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:44 pm 

Heya Tigerhawke, it's a mix of free loops available in iLife. I used iMovie to put the clips together after finally finding the right conversion application that converts avi's to mpegs. I can finally use iMovie to work all my digi-cam captures.

Anywho, here's part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drbQrKpvlqM

Missing about 3mins, so I'm gonna do a part 3 which includes about 75% of the weapons scramble.

Enjoy,
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:17 pm 

Great job everyone. I hope everyone had fun. Thank you to all who made the trip. I enjoyed seeing so many out. I look forward to the next one.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences » Tournament Results Archive